Thursday, January 4, 2018

MY Connected Car with Google (Voice Kit)

Ok, the first test is almost on the way. I'm ready and I'll do it tomorrow morning.

It has not simply been like: copy the python code on the RPI of the Voice Kit. Because I wanted to start using at least one feature of the RPI-Voice-Enabled.: the LED of the Hat.
And therefore things soon became a little bit more complicated than I expected:
  • how to setup the right environment to execute VoiceKit SDK
  • and then the Python version changed from 2 (the original I used) to 3... and I hit a difference
At the end the code is ready, I have successfully tested the simulator (if you want more details, check the Wiki on github). I have added a blink of the LED every time a msg is sent to the Cloud MQTT broker... this way it is easy to figure out if things are going on...

Tomorrow: test with real data from OBDII interface.

Stay tuned.. and hope to not feel too much the anxiety for tests.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment